In November 2020, Kangning was accredited as a Zhejiang International Collaboration Base for Science and Technology (International Collaboration Base for Digital Psychiatry and Alzheimer's Disease). The main approaches Wenzhou Kangning Hospital uses in international collaborations entail scientific and technological (S&T) project collaborations, talent recruitment and talent development, collaborative management and academic exchange.
Specific collaborative strategies:
1. S&T project collaborations: for product R&D, Kangning provides the platform, while international partners bring in technical advantages. Both sides work together to solve technical difficulties, and achieve globally cutting-edge innovation. Kangning conducts data collection based on the instruction of the international experts, while international partners are responsible for providing guidance and consultation, and for answering technical questions. Both parties jointly complete translation and industrialization of research results. The practical and advanced S&T achievements obtained by international partners will be provided to Kangning as the preferred partner for translation and implementation of scientific research outcomes
2. Talent recruitment and development: high-level S&T talents and innovation teams will be brought in to lead the innovation and R&D mechanism, to drive the introduction of globally advanced technologies, and jointly train talents for master’s and doctoral degrees and postdoctoral studies;
3. Collaborative management: The Department of International Collaborations has been established to connect international resources and to drive the effort and progress of international collaborations;
4. Collaborative exchange: Kangning organizes on a regular basis international academic conferences and project-based S&D exchanges with partners, to promote international collaborations.
1. Development & Application of Clinical Decision Support System for Mental Disorders ：Kangning’s subsidiary - Jeremiah Information Technology Co., Ltd., the University of Alberta in Canada (ranked third globally in AI) and AltaML, the largest machine learning company in West Canada, have started a collaboration to develop the system. This initiative, a key R&D project internally funded in Kangning, has also been awarded by Zhejiang Provincial Department of Science and Technology as a Key R&D Program project
Leadership team from Wenzhou Medical University, Hangzhou Jeremiah Information Technology Co., Ltd and Wenzhou Kangning Hospital visiting University of Alberta with Bo Cao, Professor in Psychiatry, University of Alberta
Agreement Signing Ceremony between Kangning (represented by Weili Guan, Chairman of the Board) and AltaML (represented by CEO Cory Jannsen) Witnessed By Mr. Cao, Deputy Director of Provincial Department of Science and Technology)
President Lianyue Wang visiting AltaML with Kangning team
(2) Low-Intensity Pulsed Ultrasound as Neuromodulator for Treating Mental and Neurological Diseases & Design of a Novel Wearable LIPUS Treatment Device for Mental Health Treatment”: A collaboration with University of Alberta. This initiative is a key R&D project internally funded in Kangning.
（3）Depression Detection with AI Facial Recognition Technologies: A collaboration with Aryton Inc, Canada, University of Alberta and Yale University scholar
President Xiaokun Li from Wenzhou Medical University and Kangning leadership team with collaborative partners from University of Alberta, Professors Jie Chen and Xinmin Li.
(4)Self-concept application in the testing and rehabilitation of geriatric dementia and in the measurement of emotions and diagnosis and treatment of other related mental health conditions: a collaborative effort with University of Aberdeen, UK. It has been funded at Kangning as a key R&D project.
International authority scholar in self-concept system, Professor Jie Sui visiting Kangning
In terms of talent development, Kangning has sent out clinical and administrative staff members for visits and training and will send more in the future.
Lei Qian, a psychotherapist from Kangning has been awarded full scholarship by China Scholarship Council to pursue a doctoral degree at University of Alberta. He will start in spring 2021.